Every day your skin struggles with pollution, heat, dust, and harmful sun rays, which cause damage to your skin, and at the end of the day, you are left with acne, pimples, dark patches, and damaged skin. You can treat this with a nighttime skincare routine. At night your skin starts healing, and you wake up in the morning with a refreshed face and ready to take on the day.
We understand that skipping your night skincare routine is tempting due to tiredness, but it's the most important part of your skin care regimen. Your sleep schedule is the most important part of your day, and while you sleep, your skin works hard to repair itself after a full day of sun exposure and environmental stressors. While you're asleep, this is the time when your body releases collagen—the protein that keeps your skin firm and youthful looking.
This blog will discuss the importance of a night skincare routine and the steps you can follow to get glowing and clear skin. You can also explore natural and ayurvedic skincare products from Tatvik Ayurveda to try for your night skincare routine.
Benefits Of Night Skincare Routine
- A night skincare routine is the best time to eliminate dirt and oil accumulated during the day.
- It helps remove dead skin cells and allows the underneath cells to breathe.
- It also prevents the formation of wrinkles and fine lines and other signs of aging.
- Night skincare routine helps prevent acne, pimples, blackheads, etc., which are common problems faced by people with oily or combination skin types.
Follow Night Skincare Routine Steps For Glowing Skin
A night skincare routine consists of 6 simple steps:
Remove Your Makeup
- Make sure to remove all of your makeup before going to bed.
- Use a gentle cleanser and exfoliator to remove any remaining dirt and oil from the day. You can use an oil-based or water-based cleanser depending on your skin type; both are equally effective at removing makeup.
Cleanse Your Skin
Cleansing is the first step in your night skincare routine. It removes dirt, makeup, and other impurities from your skin that can clog pores and cause acne.
- Remove any makeup you might have applied during the day before cleansing. It will prevent it from being dragged across your face by a washcloth or other cleansing device.
- Choose a gentle cleanser for your skin type: dry, oily, or combination. If you're unsure of what type of cleanser to go with, explore the Tatvik Ayurveda website, where you can choose different face cleansers for your skin.
Apply Face Toner
- Using a toner helps remove any leftover makeup and impurities and allows your skin to breathe.
- Toner can help balance the pH level of your skin, making it less prone to acne and redness.
- It unclogs dirt and oil and tightens skin pores.
Apply Face Serum For Spot Treatment
Applying a serum or spot treatment can be the perfect solution if you're looking for a way to improve your nighttime skincare routine. Serums are better than moisturizers because they contain more active ingredients that provide immediate results.
If you have dry skin, serums will help plump up your skin's natural moisture barrier so it can hold on to more hydration throughout the day. If you have oily skin, using a lightweight serum with mattifying properties is best to prevent breakouts and oil buildup without clogging pores or leaving behind an unattractive shine.
Use Lavanya Lavender & Mogra Face Serum which contains the goodness of Glycerine, Mogra Oil, Lavender Oil, Licorice Extract, Witch Hazel, and Raw Organic Honey. It has anti-inflammatory properties, exfoliates dead skin cells, restores firmness, and gives the skin a smooth texture.
Use Eye Cream For Dark Circles
Eye cream is a moisturizer that is specially formulated to hydrate the delicate skin around the eyes. Eye creams are thicker than regular moisturizers and contain ingredients specifically designed to help with puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines around the eye area. The thicker consistency of eye cream makes it ideal for this delicate area, as it won't run or migrate into your eyes while you sleep. Eye creams can be applied around both upper lids and lower lids, but avoid getting any product in your actual eyeball on either side.
Finish With Moisturizer
Now that you've cleansed your skin and applied any serums or treatments, it's time to moisturize. A good rule of thumb is "less is more" when it comes to skincare products—so don't overdo it. Too much product can clog pores and increase oil production, which can cause acne breakouts. If you have oily skin, apply a thin layer of moisturizer; if you have dry skin, apply a thicker layer. Be sure not to forget about your neck and décolletage (the area between the jawline and cleavage). These areas tend to be neglected but need hydration just as much as everywhere else on the body. Use Saumya Milk, Turmeric and Rose Body Lotion, which lightens skin tone, moisturizes the skin, reduces wrinkles, and prevents anti-aging.
What's the best time of night to perform my skincare routine?
The best time of night to perform your skincare routine depends on what you're looking to achieve. If you want to start your day with bright, dewy skin, you might want to do your regimen before bedtime. The reason is that your bodies are more relaxed when you sleep and produce more oil. This oil helps hydrate and smooth out the skin.
Follow Night Skincare Routine To Replenish Your Damaged Skin
A night skincare routine is the best way to ensure your skin gets the rest it needs to repair itself. You can follow this routine in the comfort of your home using natural and ayurvedic skincare products and still get great results. Don't forget sunscreen in the morning, though – sunburns hurt like hell and cause damage even when it feels like nothing happened. Always wear sunscreen during the day so you don't get skin burns, acne, or wrinkles. Use Kusuma SPF-15 or 30 Sunscreen from Tatvik Ayurveda, which protects your skin from harmful UV rays of the sun and prevents skin aging. Tatvik Ayurveda is a reputed skincare and hair care provider using natural and ayurvedic ingredients to treat skin ailments.
Q.1 What are the basic elements of a good night skincare routine?
Ans. The basic elements of a good night skincare routine are removing makeup, cleansing the skin, applying toner, and ending with moisturizer.
Q.2 What is the first step of the Night Skincare Routine?
Ans. The first and essential step is removing your makeup before bed. You can use normal water and a mild cleanser to remove your makeup.
Q.3 What is a good nighttime skincare routine?
Ans. A night skincare routine consists of 6 simple steps:
- Washing your face to remove makeup
- Using toner
- Applying the serum for dark spot
- Applying eye cream to prevent/ reduce dark circles
- End with moisturizer to replenish the skin's nutrients
Q.4 When should you do your night skincare routine?
Ans. Use a night skincare routine after dinner and before going to bed. It's the best time to give personalized care to heal your skin.